From "To Toan Thang" <t...@cxf.co.jp>
Subject RE: Jetspeed and Oracle.
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 01:20:12 GMT
Hey,
Jetspeed was based on Jakarta Turbine framework, check
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2/howto/oracle-howto.html
Hope this help.

Toan Thang

-----Original Message-----
From: Wilson, Bob [mailto:Bob.Wilson@americawest.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 6:46 AM
To: 'Jetspeed Users List'
Subject: Jetspeed and Oracle.

I'm looking to begin using Jetspeed with Oracle.  I was wondering whether I
require Oracle to be installed on my Linux box where Jetspeed resides?  I
want to be able to connect to a database on our network with resides on one
of our servers and be able to extract data to present in a portlet.  Would
connecting to the database be just as simple as downloading the Oracle
driver, installing it, and configuring a few files?

If anyone can point me in the right direction or even point me to some
tutorials I would appreciate it.  Thanks, in advance.

Bob Wilson.

For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:jetspeed-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>