From "Patel, Satish" <sjpat...@tva.gov>
Subject RE: can't build (newbie)
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2001 15:43:06 GMT
In order to get build.sh work under linux or unix you will have to conver
this build.sh file using dos2unix script.  Once you run this build.sh script
you should be able to build it.

somehow this build.sh gets messed up, so try this and it should work for
you.

good luck,

Satish.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Altner [mailto:baltner@hq.nasa.gov]
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 4:13 PM
To: Jetspeed Users List
Subject: can't build (newbie)

Greetings:

We're building a turbine-based portal app so when I saw that Jetspeed can
leverage Turbine/Velocity I was pretty eager to give it a try. However, I
cannot build the war file using the instructions in the INSTALL document. I
get these errors:

'/build.sh: syntax error near unexpected token `do
'/build.sh: ./build.sh: line 56: `do

Unable to do this, I downloaded the war file explicitly and put it in the
tomcat 3.2 webapps directory. However, when I tried to restart tomcat it
failed, giving me this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
         at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.init(Turbine.java:155)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doInit(ServletWrapper.java:317)
         at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.init(Handler.java:215)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:296)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.context.LoadOnStartupInterceptor.contextInit(LoadOnStartup
Interceptor.java:130)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.initContext(ContextManager.java:491)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.init(ContextManager.java:453)
         at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:195)
         at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235)

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Bruce

"It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!" ---Calvin

Phone: 202-651-8553
Pager Email:8273479@skytel.com