From "Geoff Hollingworth (EUS)" <Geoff.Hollingwo...@am1.ericsson.se>
Subject RE: links in WebPagePortlets
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2001 23:33:14 GMT
Hi Andreas
very interested in receiving a copy of this.
thanks
/geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: ICM S Op Guest 5 [mailto:ICM-S-OP.guest-5@icn.siemens.de]
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 8:40 AM
To: Jetspeed Users List
Subject: RE: links in WebPagePortlets

>Shortly, can we keep the user still in our site while actually he or she is
>surfing another web sites in our Jetspeed portal site.

Not possible.
What you can do is to open a new link in a different window or to create a small anchor window,
which contains a link back to your portal, before your website is overwritten by the external
site.

As soon as I get back my Internetconnection at home I will offer a Linkportlet.
With this Portlet you can add simply links to your portal.
Each linkentry has the attribute Anchorname, URL and a Imagename.
(thinking of adding a parameter for how to open the link (window...))
It works also fine with the WAP Portal and is customizeable thru the user.

Andreas