From "Mannering, J (Joe)" <Manneri...@rabo-bank.com>
Subject RE: Jetspeed and Oracle.
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 11:14:42 GMT
You shouldn't need to unzip the files: try renaming from classes12.zip to
classes12.jar and put in the lib dir.

-----Original Message-----
From: Timothy Spear [mailto:tspear@tangiblesoftware.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 04 December 2001 1:39 AM
To: Jetspeed Users List
Subject: Re: Jetspeed and Oracle.

    I have JetSpeed running on Linux hitting a remote Oracle box. There
was no need to install Oracle locally with JetSpeed. Just make sure you
include the Oracle jdbc driver files (I needed to unzip the files and
add to the classes directory under WEB-INF). For the driver settings
check the following properties in

Wilson, Bob wrote:

>I'm looking to begin using Jetspeed with Oracle.  I was wondering whether I
>require Oracle to be installed on my Linux box where Jetspeed resides?  I
>want to be able to connect to a database on our network with resides on one
>of our servers and be able to extract data to present in a portlet.  Would
>connecting to the database be just as simple as downloading the Oracle
>driver, installing it, and configuring a few files?
>If anyone can point me in the right direction or even point me to some
>tutorials I would appreciate it.  Thanks, in advance.
>Bob Wilson.
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

This electronic message (email) and any attachments to it are subject to copyright and are
sent for the personal attention of the addressee. Although you may be the named recipient,
it may become apparent that this email and its contents are not intended for you and an addressing
error has been made. This email may include information that is legally privileged and exempt
from disclosure. If you have received this email in error, please advise us immediately and
delete this email and any attachments from your computer system.   Coöperatieve Centrale
Raiffeisen-Boerenleenbank BA (trading as Rabobank Group Treasury and Rabobank International),incorporated
in the Netherlands. Registered with the Registrar of Companies for England & Wales No.
BR002630. Regulated by the FSA.

The presence of this footnote also confirms that this email has been automatically checked
by us for the presence of computer viruses prior to it being sent, however, no guarantee is
given or implied that this email is virus free upon delivery.