From Bruce Altner <balt...@hq.nasa.gov>
Subject can't build (newbie)
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 21:13:02 GMT
Greetings:

We're building a turbine-based portal app so when I saw that Jetspeed can
leverage Turbine/Velocity I was pretty eager to give it a try. However, I
cannot build the war file using the instructions in the INSTALL document. I
get these errors:

'/build.sh: syntax error near unexpected token `do
'/build.sh: ./build.sh: line 56: `do

Unable to do this, I downloaded the war file explicitly and put it in the
tomcat 3.2 webapps directory. However, when I tried to restart tomcat it
failed, giving me this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
         at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.init(Turbine.java:155)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doInit(ServletWrapper.java:317)
         at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.init(Handler.java:215)
         at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:296)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.context.LoadOnStartupInterceptor.contextInit(LoadOnStartupInterceptor.java:130)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.initContext(ContextManager.java:491)
         at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.init(ContextManager.java:453)
         at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:195)
         at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235)

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Bruce

"It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!" ---Calvin

Phone: 202-651-8553
Pager Email:8273479@skytel.com