From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: Who changed this???
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 16:59:12 GMT
> mail) But when somebody commited a file than I have to read
> the commit code
> to figure out what has changed and what is that file for. I
> find it better
> to have some text which describes what this file is doing
> than I could say,
> might be interesting for me or not.

Im not sure if I understand what you are saying.
When someone commits a file, you can read their comments and look at the
diffs in the email sent to jetspeed-dev.
When you say 'some text which describes what this file is doing', where do
you expect to find this text, in the javadocs?

> I am not sure if coordination would slow down the development
> process. When
> I change the code and somebody else overwrites my changes and
> I have to do
> it again than I don't know where I saved time.

I personally believe in frequently committing my changes to areas of the
code that may have contention.
"cvs update" resolves most conflicts.

The cvs book is online. Good place to start reading is here:
http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/cvsbook.html#Basic_Concepts

> Something went wrong yesterday - I m not sure while jetspeed
> didn't work on my company computer but when I was at home and
> made another test and everything runs great, fast and without
> those bugs.
>
> The confirmation email is not working - I set a mailserver
> and turned the confirmation flag to true and false without
> any affect. After the registration form I was already logged in.

It works for me. I just changed the settings on the demo site to turn on
confirmation email.
Try it out and let me know if it works for you.

David

> Well, I am back in office and will give it another try.
>
> Andreas
>

> --
For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:jetspeed-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>