From Dnyaneshwar Dabhade <dnyaneshwar.Dabh...@majesco.com>
Subject RE: Jetspeed portal - MFA implementation
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2017 12:05:24 GMT
Thanks David for your inputs.

I am looking for extra authentication feature along with existing Jetspeed authentication.

Immediately after user logs into portal,  and before he can access any other portal functionality,
he should be asked to verify his identity by entering code (One Time Code) sent over registered
email or phone number using some mechanism like SMS or email gateway.
One successful then only user  is allowed to access portal feature.

This is required as part of Multi Factor Authentication.

Thanks
Dnyaneshwar

-----Original Message-----
From: DavidSeanTaylor [mailto:david@bluesunrise.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2017 1:15 AM
To: Jetspeed Developers List <jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Jetspeed portal - MFA implementation

I have not tried this, but I suggest that to support a One Time Password feature, Step 2 would
have to additionally do something like:

pwc.setExpirationDate();
pwc.setExpired();

> On Dec 4, 2017, at 7:16 AM, Dnyaneshwar Dabhade <dnyaneshwar.Dabhade@majesco.com>
wrote:

> Team,
> Is there any Portlet or feature available with Jetspeed portal. I am looking to see if
we can send OTP and use user's email id for 2 step authentication.

> Thanks
> Dnyaneshwar

I see some folders in j2-admin related to MFA.
>> Let us know if anyone have experience of implementing it. We are using the Jetspeed
version 2.3.0.
>> Your help is really appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Dnyaneshwar
>>
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: THE CONTENTS OF THIS EMAIL MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS ARE
INTENDED SOLELY FOR THE ADDRESSEE(S) AND MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PRIVILEGED INFORMATION
AND MAY BE LEGALLY PROTECTED FROM DISCLOSURE. IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OF THIS
MESSAGE OR THEIR AGENT, OR IF THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN ADDRESSED TO YOU IN ERROR, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY
ALERT THE SENDER BY REPLY EMAIL AND THEN DELETE THIS MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS. IF YOU ARE
NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY USE, DISSEMINATION, COPYING,
OR STORAGE OF THIS MESSAGE OR ITS ATTACHMENTS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.