From DavidSeanTaylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: How to decode stored passwords
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 04:33:51 GMT
Did you also uncomment org.apache.jetspeed.security.PasswordEncodingService in security-spi-atn.xml?
There are 2 beans to choose from there:

1.

<!-- A Two-way encoding password service which also implements CredentialPasswordEncoder
    this Service can be used instead of for example the default provided MessageDigestCredentialPasswordEncoder
    <bean id="org.apache.jetspeed.security.PasswordEncodingService"
    name="org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.CredentialPasswordEncoder"
    class="org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.impl.PBEPasswordService">
    <constructor-arg index="0">
    <!- secret PBE key password ->
    <value>********</value>
    </constructor-arg>
    </bean>
  -->

2.
  <!-- A Two-way encoding password service which also implements CredentialPasswordEncoder
    Furthermore, this extension of the PBEPasswordService supports lazy upgrading from an
old CredentialPasswordEncoder
    like the default provided MessageDigestCredentialPasswordEncoder
    ->
    <bean id="org.apache.jetspeed.security.PasswordEncodingService"
    name="org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.CredentialPasswordEncoder"
    class="org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.impl.AlgorithmUpgradePBEPasswordService">
    <constructor-arg index="0">
    <!- secret PBE key password ->
    <value>********</value>
    </constructor-arg>
    <constructor-arg index="1">
    <!- old MessageDigestCredentialPasswordEncoder to be upgrading from, using SHA-1 ->
    <bean class="org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.impl.MessageDigestCredentialPasswordEncoder">
    <constructor-arg index="0"><value>SHA-1</value></constructor-arg>

    </bean>
    </constructor-arg>
    <constructor-arg index="2">
    <!- startPBEPasswordEncodingService: date before which old encoded passwords need to
be recoded (on authentication)
    (SimpleDateFormat) format: yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss
    ->
    <value>2006-07-02 15:00:00</value>
    </constructor-arg>
    </bean>
  -->

> On Jan 30, 2017, at 8:00 AM, Giacomo Morri <giacomo.morri@cone.it> wrote:
>
> Hi, i'm trying to implement a function that permit to login in jetspeed "as a user".
> I've tried to decode users password using the "PasswordEncodingService", but trying to
enable it i retrieve an error in jetspeed log:

> "Error creating bean with name 'PortalServices' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/assembly/jetspeed-services.xml]:
Cannot resolve reference to bean 'org.apache.jetspeed.security.PasswordEncodingService' while
setting constructor argument with key [TypedStringValue: value [PasswordEncodingService],
target type [null]]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException:
No bean named 'org.apache.jetspeed.security.PasswordEncodingService' is defined"