From DavidSeanTaylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Regarding Jetspeed migration
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2015 14:44:40 GMT

> On Jun 18, 2015, at 12:20 AM, Lalitha Bourishetty <lalitha.bourishetty@oracle.com>
wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> Request you to clarify below doubts:
> 1) Here in the below reply it was given like need to recompile with java 8, Does it mean
need to recompile complete Jetspeed 2 with java 8?

yes. Or you can try dropping in the a jar file I built specially for you here:

http://www.bluesunrise.com/downloads/jetspeed-rdbms-2.2.2.jar <http://www.bluesunrise.com/downloads/jetspeed-rdbms-2.2.2.jar>

> 2) Below reply also says to apply patch to MinimalDataSource.java , What is the patch
that we have to apply? Is this java class present in Jetspeed2 ? if yes how can we apply patch
and build it?

There was one simple change required to get it to compile on Java 1.8.  Added the getParentLogger
method to the MinimalDataSource.java file in Jetspeed:

      public java.util.logging.Logger getParentLogger()
                throws SQLFeatureNotSupportedException
        {
            return null;
        }