From DavidSeanTaylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Regarding Jetspeed migration
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2015 14:47:41 GMT

> On Jun 17, 2015, at 11:37 PM, Lalitha Bourishetty <lalitha.bourishetty@oracle.com>
wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> Jetspeed 2.2.2 is a sample example which runs with java 7.
> 1) Can we create a new test application directly in java 8?

Yes, you can create your portlet applications anyway you want. Jetspeed will work with any
standard portlet app, requires no special deployment descriptors. You don’t have to use
JetExpress. Its just one easy way of working with Jetspeed and portlet apps

> 2) In the hello worls example they are creating a class on top of jetexpress example
. Instead of developing over jetexpress, can we create a simple portlet application alone
?

Of course. You can also use the installer to install Jetspeed, and then build your portlet
application outside of Jetspeed. When you are ready to deploy it, drop it in the $JETSPEED_HOME/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/deploy/
directory