From DavidSeanTaylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Regarding Jetspeed migration
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2015 15:33:01 GMT

> On Jun 17, 2015, at 3:45 AM, Lalitha Bourishetty <lalitha.bourishetty@oracle.com>
wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> 1)  After deploying jetexpress example it is showing another war file named j2-admin
. from where this war file being generated in the source code which was taken by running maven
script, I saw only two sub modules jetexpreee-pa and jetexpress-portal. No module found with
name j2-admin, but after application deployed I could able to see it in web apps folder in
tomcat how this is coming.

J2-admin is a portlet application containing all administrative portlets for Jetspeed such
as the Login portlet or User Registration portlet. Its automatically included into your JetExpress
project

> 2) To run this example we are giving jetexpress/portal in url where this is being configured.
How landing.psml being called i.e., where we are saying that this psml has to be executed
first.

> I am new to Jetspeed. Request you to help me in understanding.

Jetspeed URLs are mapped to PSML files. http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/landing.psml
<http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/landing.psml> is mapped to the portal’s WEB-INF/pages
directory, where a landing.psml file exists. This is a simple mapping. PSML files can also
be secured, and more advanced mappings use profiling rules to find a page. Profiling rules
are contain instructions on how to locate pages. A rule’s search algorithm will use a set
of criteria to narrow down its search for a page, 'falling back; from most specific to least
specific.

Some Profiling Rules

role-fallback - iterate over all roles of a user to locate the page. Role directories are
located under pages/_roles/${roleName}
group-fallback - iterate over all groups of a user to locate the page. Group directories are
located under pages/_groups/${groupName}
j1 - use the ‘old’ jetspeed built-in rules of country-code, language-code, mediatype,
path
user-role-fallback- first look in user’s home directory for a page, if not found there,
apply role-fallback

There are more rules, see full documentation here:

https://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/devguide/guide-profiler.html