From Lalitha Bourishetty <lalitha.bourishe...@oracle.com>
Subject RE: Regarding Jetspeed migration
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2015 06:37:04 GMT
Hi Team,

Jetspeed 2.2.2 is a sample example which runs with java 7.
1) Can we create a new test application directly in java 8?
2) In the hello worls example they are creating a class on top of jetexpress example . Instead
of developing over jetexpress, can we create a simple portlet application alone ?

Please clarify my doubts.

Regards,
Lalitha

-----Original Message-----
From: DavidSeanTaylor [mailto:david@bluesunrise.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 8:26 PM
To: Jetspeed Developers List
Subject: Re: Regarding Jetspeed migration

> On Jun 16, 2015, at 11:48 PM, Lalitha Bourishetty <lalitha.bourishetty@oracle.com>
wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> I am using windows 7 and java 8. I tried to build jetexpress tutorial example portal
with maven 3.3.3 it got failed. Then tried to build with maven 3.2.1 it also got failed.
> Hence downgraded to maven 2.2.1, it got build successfully.
> After this when we ran the project using tomcat server it is showing error as " java.lang.ClassCastException:
java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Class " .
> When downgraded to java 7 and ran again it looks fine. Here we have a doubt like cannot
we use java 8 to work with Jetspeed 2 ? Should we use only java 7  or lower version above
java 1.5 ?  Please explain these doubts.

Jetspeed 2.2.2 runs on Java 6 and Java 7 and is targeted for Tomcat 6 but should also run
fine on Tomcat 7

If you really needed to run 2.2.2 on Java 8, you’d need to recompile it and apply a small
patch to MinimalDataSource.java