From Lalitha Bourishetty <lalitha.bourishe...@oracle.com>
Subject RE: Regarding Jetspeed migration
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 06:07:20 GMT
>From the below example I understood web.xml and portlet.xml both are needed. But the application
will know it has to read portlet.xml ?

In jetspeed-1 we will configure turbineresource.porperties as servlet in web.xml, do we need
to do anything similar like this in jetspeed 2.

Looking forward for reply.

Regards,
Lalitha

-----Original Message-----
From: DavidSeanTaylor [mailto:david@bluesunrise.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2015 11:55 PM
To: Jetspeed Developers List
Subject: Re: Regarding Jetspeed migration

> In the similar way do we need to map portlet.xml to web.xml ?

No. The portlet.xml and web.xml coexist.  Both are required. The portlet.xml  is required
by the Portlet Spec, and the web.xml by the Servlet Spec (although technically neither is
required when using annotations on newer versions of both specs)

So portlet entries in the xreg files need to be converted to portlet entries in portlet.xml

 <portlet-entry name="WeatherPortlet" hidden="false" type="ref" parent="Velocity" application="false">
        <parameter name="template" value="weather" hidden="true"/>
    </portlet-entry>

The portlet.xml will hold your list of portlets (amongst other things) - so its

 <portlet id="weather">
    <description>Weather Underground Portlet. Go to edit mode to configure the weather
for your city.</description>
    <portlet-name>WeatherPortlet</portlet-name>
    <display-name>Weather</display-name>
    <portlet-class>org.apache.portals.applications.desktop.WeatherPortlet</portlet-class>
    <init-param>
      <name>ViewPage</name>
      <value>/WEB-INF/view/weather.vm</value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <name>EditPage</name>
      <value>/WEB-INF/view/edit-prefs.vm</value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <name>portlet-icon</name>
      <value>weather-showers.png</value>
    </init-param>
    <expiration-cache>300</expiration-cache>
    <supports>
      <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
      <portlet-mode>VIEW</portlet-mode>
      <portlet-mode>EDIT</portlet-mode>
    </supports>
    <supported-locale>en</supported-locale>
    <portlet-info>
      <title>Weather</title>
      <short-title>Weather</short-title>
      <keywords>weather,tools,desktop</keywords>
    </portlet-info>
    <portlet-preferences>
      <preference>
        <name>weather_state</name>