From Woonsan Ko <woon_...@yahoo.com>
Subject APA-WebContent Refactoring
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 19:28:53 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to restructure the modules of apa-webcontent and refactor the html content rewriting
modules.
Some people including me use only reverse-proxy servlet in non-portlet applications in some
situations, and the current html content rewriter feature seems to be tightly coupled with
portlet api, so it's hard to use it in that situation. Also, the rewriter rule mechanism doesn't
seem to have been improved for long time and it doesn't look very intuitive any more.
So, I'm considering new module structure like the following (in the current structure with
webcontent-jar and webcontent-war, you have to put every Java module in webcontent-jar):

1. content-rewriter
    - content rewriting classes
    - no dependency on portlet api or servlet-api

    - new, more intuitive transformation rules abstracting something like htmlcleaner's
TagTransformation [1]2. reverse-proxy
    - reverse proxy servlet
    - no dependency on portlet api
    - using content-rewriter module

3. webcontent-portlets
    - portlet classes
    - using (or extending) content-rewriter

4. webcontent-war
    - portlet war
    - using all the other modules above

Then I think we can reuse many good features of apa-webcontent in many scenarios.By the way,
I would bump up the trunk version to 2.0 with moving the current trunk to a 1.x branch if
there's no objection. (Also probably we'd better change the package name to 'org.apache.portals.applications.webcontent2'
as well.)

Do you have any objections or different ideas?

Cheers,

Woonsan

[1] http://htmlcleaner.sourceforge.net/javause.php