From David Sean Taylor <davidseantay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom authentication needed in Jetspeed2
Date Sun, 25 Dec 2011 19:41:05 GMT

On Dec 22, 2011, at 6:36 AM, pierounix wrote:

> Hi all, this is my first post and my first experience with portlet too.
> I am using Jetspeed 2 for a portlet application and I need to have my custom
> authentication (also custom roles). I have my own database for users, I'm
> using MYSQL.
> Can you tell me which classes exactly I have to write/modify from
> jetspeed-security library??

Depends how tightly you want to integrate with Jetspeed security management. If you are going
to use Jetspeed to manage your users and roles, then read up on providing your own security
providers here:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/devguide/atn.html
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/devguide/atn-spi.html

If you already have your own User management system, then you will only need to integrate
authentication and role checks. In that case follow the pattern of providing a custom filter
and jetspeed valve to populate the required Jetspeed subject in the request

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-tomcat-sso-cross-context-j2-realm.html
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/deployguide/config-sso.html

If you can get a subject populated in your custom filter, Jetspeed will make use of that subject
throughout the code. We have an example of a custom portal filter that does not use a Login
Module, see the configuration here (its the same as the Websphere section):

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/deployguide/guide-aggregation.html

Or, you can write your own Login Module.