From Woonsan Ko <woon_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Planning jetspeed-2.2.2, pluto-2.0.3, bridges-script-2.0 and several apa-*-1.2 releases
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 03:30:47 GMT

----- Original Message -----
> From: Ate Douma <ate@douma.nu>
> To: Jetspeed Developers List <jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org>

<SNIP/>

> For the record, after I created this issue I gave it some more thought and
> I'm
> now included to just disable the Tomcat Manager usage and provide some
> instructions how a user can enable it themselves. Wiring this within the
> JetspeedInstaller isn't so trivial, especially not if also the admin
> password
> needs to be user seeded. The Installer also has the capability to (only) reset
> the database or import/export/migrate it. That complicates this considerably.
> But I'll come back on that later.

+1 on disabling the Tomcat Manager with the installer setup by default.
I think it is safer to disable the Tomcat Manager by default by the installer and give instructions
somewhere on how to enable the feature.
I think most system administrators would prefer their intended configuration on the Tomcat
Manager due to its security impacts.
Also, most demo testing users can simply copy their wars into deploy folder even though the
Tomcat Manager is not available.

Regards,

Woonsan