From David Taylor <davidseantay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jetspeed service in Header.vm
Date Mon, 25 Oct 2010 14:45:33 GMT
On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 9:12 AM, curro
<franciscojavier.rosado@avarmar.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Some one knows if Can I use the GroupManager from the Header.vm? I need to
> know if some user is member of some Groups in the Header.vm.

#set ($gm = $jetspeed.getComponent("org.apache.jetspeed.security.GroupManager"))
<b>Group = $gm.getGroup("test")</b>

> The only solution I can think of is to create a velocity tool that connects
> to the DB and see the security table.

Another approach: writing a portlet. The tutorial covers accessing
services in portlets:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/tutorial/04/jetspeed-service.html

And then rendering your portlet window with

$jetspeed.renderPortletWindow("windowId", "app::portlet")