From David Sean Taylor <d.tay...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Jetspeed portlet development in Eclipse
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 21:37:44 GMT
On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 1:23 PM,  <mballard@oreillyauto.com> wrote:
> I have searched diligently for information on setting up Eclipse & Tomcat
> to develop/deploy/test jsr286 portlets.  I have found info on developing
> portals and deploying jetspeed as a webapp to Tomcat, but I really do not
> need to do portal builds, I simply want to know how to create a portlet
> project, select 'run as'->on server and be able to test the portlet on a
> local jetspeed/tomcat server.  I do this easily with RAD7 and Websphere
> portal, but I can't seem to find how to do this with Eclipse, Tomcat and
> Jetspeed.

There is a Developers Guide for Jetspeed here:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/devguide/index.html

see the section on "Eclipse":

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/devguide/jetspeed-eclipse.html

So basically you build your portlet app and drop it in a running
Jetspeed. From there you can attach Eclipse just like any other app