From David Sean Taylor <d.tay...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: How can I set IFrame portlet preferences programmatically
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 23:58:08 GMT
On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 8:40 PM, Vuong Nguyen <vuong_se@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am newbie to Jetspeed. I would like to set IFrame portlet's height and SRC url
> Could anyone show me (or give some hints on) how to programmatically do that (I
> prefer to use AJAX or client side APIs).

With portlets we make use of the preferences feature of the portlet
api quite a bit. There are two IFrame portlets documented here:

http://portals.apache.org/applications/webcontent/index.html

The ReverseProxyIFramePortlet can size to fit its content
automatically by setting the AUTORESIZE preference

> Also, if anyone can show me some places to look at client API to manipulate the
> portlet (add/show/hide), that would be great.

All possible with the Jetspeed REST API... hopefully the operations
are adequately documented for you:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/devguide/guide-rest-api.html