From bhardage <bhard...@harding.edu>
Subject No securityAccessController in custom PortletSelector
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:09:06 GMT

This is actually a duplicate of another post I made as a reply to another
question, but I decided it deserved its own post:

First, let me say that I know fairly little about how Jetspeed's security
works, and I'm hoping that there's a simple solution such as adding a
<security-constraint> tag somewhere.

Basically, I have a class that extends the
org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.selector.PortletSelector class (one of the
classes in j2-admin). It overrides the init() function, and calls
PortletSelector's init() on the first line.

What's happening is PortletSelector is throwing an exception because it
can't find a securityAccessController in the context.

My user-portlet-selector.psml file just has a standard oneColumn fragment in
it, and the definition in the portlet.xml looks like this:

<portlet id="DashboardSelector">
  <init-param>
    <description>This parameter sets the template used in view
mode.</description>
    <name>ViewPage</name>
    <value>/WEB-INF/view/selectors/user-portlet-selector.vm</value>
  </init-param>
  <portlet-name>DashboardSelector</portlet-name>
  <display-name>DashboardSelector</display-name>
  <description>DashboardSelector</description>

<portlet-class>org.fake.portletSelector.DashboardPortletSelector</portlet-class>

  <expiration-cache>-1</expiration-cache>
  <supports>
    <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
    <portlet-mode>VIEW</portlet-mode>
    <portlet-mode>EDIT</portlet-mode>
    <portlet-mode>HELP</portlet-mode>
  </supports>
  <supported-locale>en</supported-locale>
  <portlet-preferences>
    <preference>
      <name>WindowSize</name>
      <value>100</value>
    </preference>
    <preference>
      <name>parallel</name>
      <value>true</value>
      <read-only>true</read-only>
    </preference>
  </portlet-preferences>
</portlet>

I guess the real problem is that I don't really know what a
securityAccessController is.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
B.J.