From Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <gagui...@aguilardelgado.com>
Subject Metadata handling in the FolderImpl class
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 11:13:37 GMT
Hi Randy,

I just taking a look on how to implement metadata for the objects of the
CMS.

I found one curious thing, maybe you can tell me what's the objetive of
this:
----- FolderImpl -------
FolderImpl
#FolderMetaDataImpl (property)
->AbstractNode
  #PageMetadataImpl (property)
------------------------

----- FolderMetaDataImpl -------
FolderMetaDataImpl
->DocumentImpl
  ->AbstractNode
    #PageMetadataImpl (property)
--------------------------------
-> ===> Extends
#  ===> Property

It confuses me that a property of an object extends from the same class
of the owner class.

I mean, if you need a PageMetadata inside a Folder then PageMetadata  is
really a generic metadata. Why do you need a PageMetadata inside a
folder metadata?

Anyway, main questions are:

Why do you need the metadata to be a DocumentImpl?

Wouldn't it be better to be a simple object for storing metadata?

Thank you