From Randy Watler <wat...@wispertel.net>
Subject Re: Questions about the page manager
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:16:41 GMT
Hi Gonzolo,

I am the PageManager "expert" if there is such a thing. See the comments
inline below.

HTH,

Randy

Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado wrote:
> Hi David and Woonsan,
>
> I've done my way to implementing the jackrabbit page manager. This will
> provide:
>
>         Unified page managing.
>         Services as WebDAV for page manager.
>         Version control.
>         Repository connections (This will open doors to multisite
>         manager).
>         Bring unified metadata handling via jackrabbit metadata utils.
>         Separate page manager logic from application.
>         etc.

If you've managed all of that, you have certainly been busy!
> But I have some questions I don't really know if they are related to the
> work I'm doing right now.
>
> 1.- When doing tests I see that Castor page manager tries to transform
> source testdata when copying to target directory. Why this is done?
> Because it results into the same file...

It is done since the test modifies the files during execution and thus
does not operate directly on the source controlled originals. Thsi is
obviously not done with the DBPM.
> 2.- Bean manager... I'm getting crazy about how pageManager is plugged
> into the Jetspeed portal. Maybe because I'm also not a Spring expert.
>
> [ File assembly/page-manager.xml ]
>
> I see two BeanReferenceFactoryBean:
> xmlPageManager and dbPageManager
>
> That's right... The portalSite Bean has one argument to the index 0 arg
> of the constructor:
> <constructor-arg index="0">
>       <ref bean="org.apache.jetspeed.page.PageManager" />
> </constructor-arg>
>
> How does it knows to select if xmlPageManager or dbPageManager must be
> plugged in. Does it has something to do with meta key?

Jetspeed has extended the normal use of Spring to include dynamic
binding. This is indeed accomplished via the categories/meta support.
There is a properties file, I think it is names spring-keys.properties,
or something like that, it selects which bean meta keys are used at
runtime. Beans that do not match are ignored.