From David Sean Taylor <d.tay...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: About Issue JS2-1120 (Portlet Icon)
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 23:23:29 GMT
On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado
<gaguilar@aguilardelgado.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just want to comment about the issue
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-1120
>

> I saw that ServiceBean was modified but not the toolbox.jsp file that
> comes with this change. Ok. It's modified to include the icon name but
> not the main change that is the context.
>
> I want to see with you what's the problem. And more important how to
> solve it.
>
> I think that's better to distribute portlet icons as part of the
> application instead of part of the portal.

Yes, it seems that would make more sense, although most people don't
bother to create an icon. In that case we can have some default ones
to fall back on in the portal

> I can change the location of icons for most of the JS2 applications if
> needed to achieve this. And the post a complete patch.
>
> The problem here is that it should be difficult maintain both solutions.
> I mean have portal wide icons and application wide icons.
>
> What do you think?

I think its best to support both if possible. Let me review your patch
and then I'll comment more...