From "Dahl, Sandra" <SD...@dvsAnalytics.com>
Subject RE: 2.2.1 templates
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:32:03 GMT
Thanks, Randy.

Sandi

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Watler [mailto:watler@wispertel.net]
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 2:28 PM
To: Jetspeed Developers List
Subject: Re: 2.2.1 templates

Sandi,

I'll take a look at it today/tonight for you and get back tomorrow. Who
knows? There is probably a bug in there somewhere.

Thanks,

Randy

Dahl, Sandra wrote:
> Hi, Randy. I created a template.tpsml in _user/guest and have the default-page.psml and
folder.metadata under min-pages. The page navigator is showing in the portal (with access
denied...) along with the login portal. Where is it getting the page navigator?

> _user/guest/template.tpsml:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <page-template id="definition"
>     xmlns="http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed"
>     xsi:schemaLocation="http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/2.1/schemas/psml.xsd">
>
>   <title>TEMPLATE</title>
>   <fragment id="template-top2" type="layout" name="jetspeed-layouts::VelocityThreeColumns">
>     <property name="sizes" value="15%,70%,15%"></property>
>
>     <page-fragment id="page-template">
>       <property name="column" value="1"/>
>       <property name="row" value="0"/>
>     </page-fragment>
>

>   </fragment>
> </page-template>
>
> Folder.metatdata:
> folder
>     xmlns="http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed"
>     xsi:schemaLocation="http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/2.1/schemas/folder-metadata.xsd">
>   <title>Guest Folder</title>
>   <metadata name="title" xml:lang="fr">Guest Dossier</metadata>
>
>   <defaults
>      layout-decorator="jetspeed"
>      portlet-decorator="jetspeed"
>   />
>
>   <security-constraints>
>     <security-constraints-ref>public-view</security-constraints-ref>
>   </security-constraints>
> </folder>
>
> default-page.psml:
> <page id="default-page"
>     xmlns="http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed"
>     xsi:schemaLocation="http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/2.1/schemas/psml.xsd">
>
>   <title>Welcome to Jetspeed</title>
>
>   <fragment id="dp-1" type="layout" name="jetspeed-layouts::VelocityOneColumn">
>     <fragment id="dp-12" type="portlet" name="j2-admin::LoginPortlet">
>       <property layout="OneColumn" name="row" value="0" />
>       <property layout="OneColumn" name="column" value="0" />
>     </fragment>
>   </fragment>
>
> </page>
>

> Thanks!
> Sandi

there is a 'default' template in the root folder that gets applied to pages any other folder
that does not contain a template.tpsml file. Is this correct?

>> For our application, we want to have the default page a guest sees when they load
our portal to be a very basic page with the login portlet and nothing else - no space navigator
or page navigator. This default guest page is located in the root pages directory and is called
default-page.psml. If the template.tpsml file located in this root directory is changed to
not include the space navigator and page navigator, since it appears all other folders/spaces
inherit from this root template, none of the other pages will have a space navigator or page
navigator. By default, all of our pages (except the guest page) should include these navigators.

>> What is the best way to make this happen?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Sandi

>> Confidentiality Notice:
>> The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged
and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader
is not the intended recipient, or the employee, or the agent responsible for delivering it
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us by return email or telephone immediately. Thank you.