From "Dahl, Sandra" <SD...@dvsAnalytics.com>
Subject RE: min-pages breadcrumb menu
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 21:24:33 GMT
Thanks, David. I'll try again. I'm curious how deploying with the default pages (rather than
min-pages) works when both use the same j2-admin.war...

Sandi

-----Original Message-----
From: David Sean Taylor [mailto:d.taylor@onehippo.com]
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010 12:35 PM
To: Jetspeed Developers List
Subject: Re: min-pages breadcrumb menu

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Dahl, Sandra <SDahl@dvsanalytics.com>wrote:

> I'm working with Jetspeed 2.2.1-SNAPSHOT code. I deployed my custom portal
> to use min-pages. When the browser is opened, 'Access Denied' is displayed
> in place of the breadcrumb menu. I traced the code through and see that
> access is denied because of a security constraint on admin view which throws
> PortletAccessDeniedException. What I don't see is where this constraint is
> defined for the breadcrumbs menu in min-pages.
>
> Also, I see the breadcrumbs menu is coming from jetui.jsp. How do I
> override this so no breadcrumb menu is displayed on the page?
>
> You are little ahead of me :-), I haven't had a chance to test out the min
deployment recently. Just checked in a fix to the security problem by adding
this constraint to the j2-admin's jetspeed-portlet.xml deployment
descriptor:

<portlet>
<portlet-name>BreadcrumbMenu</portlet-name>
        <js:security-constraint-ref>public-view</js:security-constraint-ref>

</portlet>

Confidentiality Notice:
The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and
confidential.  It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee.  If the reader
is not the intended recipient, or the employee, or the agent responsible for delivering it
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us by return email or telephone immediately.  Thank you.