From "Dahl, Sandra" <SD...@dvsAnalytics.com>
Subject 2.2.1 templates
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:11:14 GMT
I'm working with the Jetspeed 2.2.1 snapshot code. As I understand the new templates, there
is a 'default' template in the root folder that gets applied to pages any other folder that
does not contain a template.tpsml file. Is this correct?

For our application, we want to have the default page a guest sees when they load our portal
to be a very basic page with the login portlet and nothing else - no space navigator or page
navigator. This default guest page is located in the root pages directory and is called default-page.psml.
If the template.tpsml file located in this root directory is changed to not include the space
navigator and page navigator, since it appears all other folders/spaces inherit from this
root template, none of the other pages will have a space navigator or page navigator. By default,
all of our pages (except the guest page) should include these navigators.

What is the best way to make this happen?

Thanks!
Sandi

Confidentiality Notice:
The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and
confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader is
not the intended recipient, or the employee, or the agent responsible for delivering it to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying
please notify us by return email or telephone immediately. Thank you.