From "Dahl, Sandra" <SD...@dvsAnalytics.com>
Subject RE: login portlet extension
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 18:56:13 GMT
Since the build worked for you, I tried at the command prompt rather than inside eclipse and
the project built successfully. The next step I took was to delete j2-admin.war from tomcat's
webapps director, copy in the new extended-j2admin.war into tomcat's webapps directory, and
delete tomcat's work and temp directories. When tomcat is restarted and the portal opened,
the following error is in the jetspeed log:
09.02.2010 11:52:29 ERROR [org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.RenderingJobImpl.execute():194]
Error rendering portlet OID template-top2.page-template.dp-1.dp-12
javax.portlet.PortletException: Failed to get Request Dispatcher for Portlet Application:
/j2-admin, servlet: /container

The login portlet displays the same message on the page. What am I missing?

Thanks!
Sandi

-----Original Message-----
From: David Sean Taylor [mailto:d.taylor@onehippo.com]
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 1:32 PM
To: Jetspeed Developers List
Subject: Re: login portlet extension

Im not sure ... I just downloaded the zip and tried it out, worked fine for
me. Could it be that you don't have the 2.2.1-SNAPSHOT in your repo?

<dependency>
          <groupId>org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2</groupId>
          <artifactId>j2-admin</artifactId>
          <type>war</type>
          <version>2.2.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Dahl, Sandra <SDahl@dvsanalytics.com>wrote:

> Hi, David. Thank you for the example. I am trying the maven solution you
> have below and get the error below when running
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin:2.0.2:war.
>
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Building extended-j2admin Maven Webapp
> [INFO]    task-segment:
> [org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin:2.0.2:war]
> [INFO]
> [INFO] [war:war {execution: default-cli}]
> [INFO] Exploding webapp...
> [INFO] Assembling webapp extended-j2admin in
> W:\eclipseWorkspace\extended-j2admin\target\extended-j2admin
> [INFO] Copy webapp webResources to
> W:\eclipseWorkspace\extended-j2admin\target\extended-j2admin
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Error unpacking file: W:\eclipseWorkspace\j2-admin\target\classesto:
> W:\eclipseWorkspace\extended-j2admin\target\war\work\cla
>
> Embedded error: The source must not be a directory.
>
> ThankS! Sandi

to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or