From David Sean Taylor <d.tay...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: login portlet extension
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 19:02:56 GMT
On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Dahl, Sandra <SDahl@dvsanalytics.com>wrote:

> Since the build worked for you, I tried at the command prompt rather than
> inside eclipse and the project built successfully. The next step I took was
> to delete j2-admin.war from tomcat's webapps director, copy in the new
> extended-j2admin.war into tomcat's webapps directory, and delete tomcat's
> work and temp directories. When tomcat is restarted and the portal opened,
> the following error is in the jetspeed log:
> 09.02.2010 11:52:29 ERROR
> [org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.RenderingJobImpl.execute():194] Error
> rendering portlet OID template-top2.page-template.dp-1.dp-12
> javax.portlet.PortletException: Failed to get Request Dispatcher for
> Portlet Application: /j2-admin, servlet: /container
>
> The login portlet displays the same message on the page. What am I missing?

Sounds like the web application war and directory are named
extended-j2admin, whereas the PSML references an application named j2-admin.
To resolve this naming conflict, you have two choices: modify the pre-seeded
PSML to reference extended-j2admin OR rename the war file to "j2-admin.war"
prior to deploying