From David Sean Taylor <d.tay...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: login portlet extension
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 23:53:58 GMT
On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Dahl, Sandra <SDahl@dvsanalytics.com> wrote:

> Our application requires a login portlet that is like the login portlet
> that ships that Jetpseed 2. However, our application requires some changes
> to the portlet. Examples of changes include changing the messages the
> portlet displays and tracking the number of unsuccessful log in attempts.

The login messages are stored in a resource file found in the j2-admin
application under
org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.security.resources.LoginResources_(language).properties

There already is a feature for configuring limits on unsuccessful logins.
See the online documentation here:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/deployguide/credentials.html
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/deployguide/security-config.html

> What is the best way to take the standard login portlet and extend it so
> our changes do not interfere with future Jetspeed releases? Is the login
> portlet included with j2-admin?

Yes, its a part of j2-admin application. If you want to extend say the
resource messages, you can repackage the j2-admin war, and override the
resource files by placing yours in the WEB-INF/classes directory under the
same package as the replaced Jetspeed resources