From Randy Watler <wat...@wispertel.net>
Subject Re: 2.2.1 templates
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 17:38:36 GMT
Sandi,

WRT the templates, you are more or less correct. The template is looked
up the hierarchy from the current page directory, but it only depends on
the the type of page, not its name or id, (i.e. *.tpsml). We have not
identified a use case where multiple page templates per folder are
necessary, so it ignores the name of the template file.

The easiest way to make this happen is to include both a template.tpsml
and default-page.psml in the /_user/guest PSML folder. The default J2
profiling rules will overlay these files over the root of just the guest
user. The default-page.psml there can naturally look however you'd like.
The template.tpsml file there will override the root version. It can
have any fragment configuration you'd like, including nothing but the
page-fragment.

Let me know if this works. We are open to extending this stuff to suit
since it is new, so don't hesitate to give us feedback along the way.

Randy

Dahl, Sandra wrote:
> I'm working with the Jetspeed 2.2.1 snapshot code. As I understand the new templates,
there is a 'default' template in the root folder that gets applied to pages any other folder
that does not contain a template.tpsml file. Is this correct?

> For our application, we want to have the default page a guest sees when they load our
portal to be a very basic page with the login portlet and nothing else - no space navigator
or page navigator. This default guest page is located in the root pages directory and is called
default-page.psml. If the template.tpsml file located in this root directory is changed to
not include the space navigator and page navigator, since it appears all other folders/spaces
inherit from this root template, none of the other pages will have a space navigator or page
navigator. By default, all of our pages (except the guest page) should include these navigators.

> What is the best way to make this happen?
>
> Thanks!
> Sandi

> Confidentiality Notice:
> The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged
and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader
is not the intended recipient, or the employee, or the agent responsible for delivering it
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us by return email or telephone immediately. Thank you.