From "Dahl, Sandra" <SD...@dvsAnalytics.com>
Subject RE: portlet internationalization
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:27:11 GMT
The property files are located in src\main\resources and deployed to WEB-INF/classes. Portlet.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<portlet-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_2_0.xsd"
              version="2.0"
              xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_2_0.xsd http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_2_0.xsd">

  <resource-bundle>LocalStrings</resource-bundle>

  <portlet>
    <description>Richface portlet example</description>
    <portlet-name>MyRichfacesPortlet</portlet-name>
    <display-name>MyRichfacesPortlet Portlet</display-name>
        <portlet-class>com.dvsinc.portlet.MyRichfacesPortlet</portlet-class>
<!--
    <portlet-class>javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet</portlet-class>
-->
    <init-param>
      <name>javax.portlet.faces.defaultViewId.edit</name>
      <!--
        JSF/FACELETS: use *.xhtml template value for facelets, *.jsp for JSF
      -->
      <value>/richfaces-portlet-edit.xhtml</value>
      <!--
      <value>/richfaces-portlet-edit.jsp</value>
      -->
    </init-param>
 <!--
    <init-param>
      <name>javax.portlet.faces.defaultViewId.help</name>
      <value>/richfaces-portlet-help.xhtml</value>
    </init-param>
-->
    <init-param>
      <name>javax.portlet.faces.defaultViewId.view</name>
      <!--
        JSF/FACELETS: use *.xhtml template value for facelets, *.jsp for JSF
      -->
      <value>/richfaces-portlet-view.xhtml</value>
      <!--
      <value>/richfaces-portlet-view.jsp</value>
      -->
    </init-param>
    <!--  Richfaces parms that cause portlets to not start -->
    <init-param>
                <name>javax.portlet.faces.preserveActionParams</name>
                <value>true</value>
        </init-param>
        <expiration-cache>-0</expiration-cache>

    <supports>
      <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
      <portlet-mode>VIEW</portlet-mode>
      <portlet-mode>EDIT</portlet-mode>
      <portlet-mode>HELP</portlet-mode>
    </supports>
    <supported-locale>en</supported-locale>
    <supported-locale>fr</supported-locale>
    <portlet-info>
<!--
      <title>My Richfaces Portlet</title>
      <short-title>My Richfaces Portlet</short-title>
-->
      <keywords>example, jsf, richfaces</keywords>
    </portlet-info>
    <portlet-preferences>
      <preference>
        <name>PageSize</name>
        <value>0</value>
      </preference>
    </portlet-preferences>

  </portlet>

</portlet-app>

On the browser refresh, logging out/in does update the portal to the currently selected language.

Thanks!

Sandi