From "Dahl, Sandra" <SD...@dvsAnalytics.com>
Subject portlet internationalization
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 22:16:58 GMT
I'm using Jetspeed 2 and am trying to set the locale for portlets and have a couple questions.
First, I want the title to be loaded from a resource bundle. The following is included in
LocalStrings.properties:

javax.portlet.title=Richfaces Internationalization Portlet

javax.portlet.short-title=Ruichfaces Intl

javax.portlet.keywords=richfaces,portlet

The resource bundle is declared in portlet.xml along with the allowed locales:

<resource-bundle>LocalStrings</resource-bundle>

<supported-locale>en</supported-locale>

<supported-locale>fr</supported-locale>

The portlet uses JSF and the following is included in faces-config.xml:

<locale-config>

<default-locale>en</default-locale>

<supported-locale>en</supported-locale>

<supported-locale>fr</supported-locale>

</locale-config>

The portlet title is not displayed from the resource bundle. If there no title is included
in portlet.xml, no title is displayed in Jetspeed. Am I missing a setting?

Second question. When the language is changed in the browser and the portal page is reloaed,
the new language is not displayed. A new browser window needs to be opened for the changes
to appear. Is this how it is supposed to work? I noticed google updates the language when
the browser is refreshed.

Thanks!

Sandi

Confidentiality Notice:
The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and
confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader is
not the intended recipient, or the employee, or the agent responsible for delivering it to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying
please notify us by return email or telephone immediately. Thank you.