From David Sean Taylor <d.tay...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: portlet internationalization
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2010 15:52:38 GMT
On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Dahl, Sandra <SDahl@dvsanalytics.com> wrote:

> I'm using Jetspeed 2 and am trying to set the locale for portlets and have
> a couple questions. First, I want the title to be loaded from a resource
> bundle. The following is included in LocalStrings.properties:
>
> javax.portlet.title=Richfaces Internationalization Portlet
>
> javax.portlet.short-title=Ruichfaces Intl
>
> javax.portlet.keywords=richfaces,portlet
>

> The resource bundle is declared in portlet.xml along with the allowed
> locales:
>
> <resource-bundle>LocalStrings</resource-bundle>
>
> <supported-locale>en</supported-locale>
>
> <supported-locale>fr</supported-locale>
>

> The portlet uses JSF and the following is included in faces-config.xml:
>
> <locale-config>
>
> <default-locale>en</default-locale>
>
> <supported-locale>en</supported-locale>
>
> <supported-locale>fr</supported-locale>
>
> </locale-config>
>

> The portlet title is not displayed from the resource bundle. If there no
> title is included in portlet.xml, no title is displayed in Jetspeed. Am I
> missing a setting?

Does't look like a setting is missing, although send me the entire
portlet.xml so I can make sure. Also, where are your localized property
files located? Are they in the root package ?

> Second question. When the language is changed in the browser and the portal
> page is reloaed, the new language is not displayed. A new browser window
> needs to be opened for the changes to appear. Is this how it is supposed to
> work? I noticed google updates the language when the browser is refreshed.
>
> Changing the language using the Jetspeed Language portlet will change
portlet content immediately. As for changing the language in your browser,
that should take place immediately although we might be optimizing the
setting and caching it. See if logging out and logging back in makes a
difference