From Randy Watler <wat...@wispertel.net>
Subject Re: theme project
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 16:32:22 GMT
Sandi,

I took a quick look at the portal code base and it appears that the
default decorators, (page and layout), are only specified in the PSML
pages/folders. These are not deployed with the decorators.

In practice, most everyone overrides/configures the PSML, so this has
not historically been an issue. If you would like to deploy generic,
(i.e. theme-less), PSML and have the portal adopt the defaults on
decorator deployment, I believe we would have to extend the portal to do so.

Please create a JIRA ticket to request this enhancement if you think it
is critical for your deployment needs.

Randy

Dahl, Sandra wrote:
> I have created separate projects for our theme (layout and portlet projects) so we can
build and deploy themes separately from our portal. I want to be able to include in the theme
projects the necessary files so the theme being deployed becomes the default theme for the
portal. When I had the theme integrated with the portal, that was done in the default-page.psml
and folder.metadata files. Is it possible to do this in the my theme project? I tried a couple
different ways and was never able to have the theme be the default.

> Thanks!
> Sandi

> Confidentiality Notice:
> The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged
and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader
is not the intended recipient, or the employee, or the agent responsible for delivering it
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us by return email or telephone immediately. Thank you.