From Joachim Müller <joac...@wemove.com>
Subject Re: New User/Group/Role Management Portlet
Date Sat, 16 Jan 2010 12:04:13 GMT
Hi Woonsan,

thanks for the comments. I did check out the "upcoming" OJB 1.0.5 as
well but the "upcoming" takes time since the 1.0.5-rc1 version
was released at 29-Jan-2008 and the last commit on the project was on
31-Jan-2008. It seems OJB is a dead project.

The other option would be to wait until the JPA integration is there.
But I think this is a major change and therefore not to be expected in
the very near future. (I think Randy was already working on this already...)

And last but not least I wanted to create a 2.1.4 compatible solution to
be backported.

I am perfectly sure that this will be an intermediate solution for the
trunk until the JPA implementation is there, but I think the current
solution needs to be upgraded ASAP, because it is not suitable for
installations with big numbers of users (no database level paging support).

Regards,
Joachim

issue: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OJB-131
> Also, I had a look at some source codes such as PlatformOracleImpl [1], PlatformMySQLImpl
and PlatformPostgreSQLImpl (in the package, org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms). Each one seems
to use its own platform specific ones: rownum/rnum for oracle, LIMIT for MySQL, etc.
> You could have a look at those in addLimitSql() method and addPagingSql() method in each
class.
> I think we can ask OJB team to make a release of 1.0.5 and we'd better use new OJB or
any other framework having same features.

> [1] https://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/db/ojb/branches/OJB_1_0_RELEASE/src/java/org/apache/ojb/broker/platforms/PlatformOracleImpl.java
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Woonsan
>

>> I am planing to plug the JetspeedPrincipalLookupManager into the
>> JetspeedSecurityPersistenceManager via Spring.
>>
>> Any comments on that plan? Anything I have to be aware of?
>>
>> Thanks for any comment,
>> Joachim

< joachim müller
  joachim@wemove.com

  wemove digital solutions gmbh
  eschersheimer landstr. 5-7
  60322 frankfurt am main

  amtsgericht frankfurt am main, hrb 53992
  geschäftsführer joachim müller, stefan hartmann