From Woonsan Ko <woon_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: New User/Group/Role Management Portlet
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2010 15:01:03 GMT
Hi Joachim,

Please see my comments below.

----- Original Message ----

I tried to search any framework level support for the DBMS-side pagination queries.
OJB seems now ready to support that feature since 1.0.5. It has been added with this issue:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OJB-131
Also, I had a look at some source codes such as PlatformOracleImpl [1], PlatformMySQLImpl
and PlatformPostgreSQLImpl (in the package, org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms). Each one seems
to use its own platform specific ones: rownum/rnum for oracle, LIMIT for MySQL, etc.
You could have a look at those in addLimitSql() method and addPagingSql() method in each class.
I think we can ask OJB team to make a release of 1.0.5 and we'd better use new OJB or any
other framework having same features.

[1] https://svn.eu.apache.org/repos/asf/db/ojb/branches/OJB_1_0_RELEASE/src/java/org/apache/ojb/broker/platforms/PlatformOracleImpl.java

Kind regards,

Woonsan