From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Building js2 with tests?
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 04:51:15 GMT

On Dec 16, 2009, at 11:32 AM, Randy Watler wrote:

> David,
>
> Here is the sequence I use:
>
> > mvn clean install
> > mvn jetspeed:mvn -Dtarget=testdb

I'm mystified.  When I try this step the build fails trying to find a
non-existent plugin: (running with -X, tail end of build):

[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'jetspeed'.
[DEBUG] Loading plugin prefixes from group: org.apache.maven.plugins
[DEBUG] Loading plugin prefixes from group: org.codehaus.mojo
[DEBUG] maven-jetspeed-plugin: using locally installed snapshot
[DEBUG] Artifact not found - using stub model: Unable to determine the
latest version

   org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jetspeed-plugin:pom:LATEST

[DEBUG] Using defaults for missing POM org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-
jetspeed-plugin:pom:LATEST
[DEBUG] maven-jetspeed-plugin: using locally installed snapshot
[DEBUG] Artifact not found - using stub model: Unable to determine the
release version

   org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jetspeed-plugin:pom:RELEASE

[DEBUG] Using defaults for missing POM org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-
jetspeed-plugin:pom:RELEASE
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jetspeed-plugin'
does not exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[DEBUG] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jetspeed-plugin' does not exist or no
valid version could be found
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
1569)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor
.getMojoDescriptor(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1851)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor
.segmentTaskListByAggregationNeeds(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:462)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:175)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
	at
org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:60)
	at
sun
.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:
39)
	at
sun
.reflect
.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:
25)
	at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:
430)
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.PluginVersionNotFoundException: The
plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jetspeed-plugin' does not exist
or no valid version could be found
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.plugin
.version
.DefaultPluginVersionManager
.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:229)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.plugin
.version
.DefaultPluginVersionManager
.resolvePluginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:91)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyPlugin(DefaultPluginManager.java:179)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.plugin
.DefaultPluginManager.loadPluginDescriptor(DefaultPluginManager.java:
1642)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
1540)
	... 15 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 4 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Dec 17 20:46:38 PST 2009
[INFO] Final Memory: 17M/527M
[INFO]

I normally use maven 2.2.1 but tried also with 2.0.9.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?  Any clues?

thanks
david jencks