From David Sean Taylor <d.tay...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Links and JetSpeed SSO
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 19:19:27 GMT

On Oct 23, 2009, at 11:46 AM, chocba wrote:

> Thanks David. I've one more question. The SSOWebContent Portlet
> doesn't seem
> to work for all external sites. The site that require cookies fails to
> sign-on. For instance, I configured sites such as gmail,
> webmail(outlook),
> which doesn't login at all. The nytimes.com worked since it was a
> simple
> form post and no cookies are exchanged during the post. Please let
> me know
> if this an open issue. Thanks.

Each form-based SSO works a little differently. There are often
additional form parameters that need to be sent. Sometimes there is
Javascript involved, or tokens from HTTP headers. Jetspeed does
provide configuration for handling additional form parameters,
including tokens. However  the Jetspeed SSO solution doesn't work in
every case. We are still actively developing in the trunk and adding
sites as we progress. We have recently authenticated against JIRA. I
think it would be interesting to try the major mail providers. If you
want to try that out yourself, or create a JIRA issue for it, we can
try to get to it before the next release.