From David Sean Taylor <d.tay...@onehippo.com>
Subject Permissions
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 23:34:22 GMT
Would anyone object to me moving the Permission classes
(FolderPermission, PortletPermission, BaseJetspeedPermission etc...)
back into /jetspeed-commons ? I cannot find a way to easily extend the
permission system, something I could easily do in 2.1.3.
For example, from a portlet I would like to do a permission check from
a portlet:

         try
         {
             // use standard Java security to do a permission check
using the seed configuration
             AccessController.checkPermission(new
ContactPermission(contact.getID(), "view"));
         }
         catch (Throwable t)
         {
             isContactViewable = false;
         }

But I have to derive my ContactPermission from BaseJetspeedPermission,
living in the security jar

I am stuck right now with a 2.1.3 portal using AccountPermissions that
won't port to 2.2, as well as the Contact example above in another new
portal.

Additionally, I can only add permission/actions in my seed data that
are validated by JetspeedAction's valid window states or portlet
modes. Furthermore, for modes like "config" the actions *still* seem
to be failing when loaded from permission-seed-data.

I would like to propose:

1. moving BaseJetspeedPermission and its derived classes to commons
2. being more lenient on actions (allow any valid string allowed by
Java Permissions)