From Lance Zhang <lzhan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JS_PORTLET_HEAD_ELEMENTS in event of file download
Date Sun, 16 Aug 2009 14:02:13 GMT
I saw it is taking elements from the window, i guess this for the desktop, but can we change
the code to be this way.

if (!headElements.isEmpty())
        {
            out.println("<JS_PORTLET_HEAD_ELEMENTS>");
            for (KeyValue<String, Element> kvPair : headElements)
           {
               out.println(DOMUtils.stringifyElementToHtml(kvPair.getValue()));
            }
             out.print("</JS_PORTLET_HEAD_ELEMENTS>");
        }

----- Original Message ----
From: Lance Zhang <lzhang51@yahoo.com>
To: Jetspeed Developers List <jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2009 9:42:13 AM
Subject: JS_PORTLET_HEAD_ELEMENTS in event of file download

Hi, David,

I am trying to use the FileServerPortlet and I think there is an issue.

The FileServe pipeline invokes the PortletValve, in the PortletAggregatorImpl, the writeHeadElements
by default write
JS_PORTLET_HEAD_ELEMENTS to the header. That makes the browser not able to recognize the PDF
coming back.

Once i commented out the section of code, the PDF seems coming back fine, is this a defect
or something wrong in the config?

If it is header, why it is not using addHeader?

thanks/Lance