From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: JPA_BRANCH status
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:26:57 GMT
Hi Randy,

Thanks for the gigantic work you've done on this already.
I just build and ran the JPA branches and it really looks great and haven't encountered any
errors or issues so far!

One note for everyone else wanting to try this (and Randy is already aware of this):
current JPA works with MySQL (5.1), but not yet on PostgreSQL (8.3.6) as there is a datatype
mapping problem from SMALLINT <-> boolean.
MySQL is more relaxed and doesn't care, but PostgreSQL does (and so would for instance Oracle).

Randy said he'll look into this, so for now best is to test again MySQL until that issue is
resolved.

Regards,

Ate