From Randy Watler <wat...@wispertel.net>
Subject SSO PasswordCredential Question
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 09:41:45 GMT
Ate/Dennis,

In SSOManagerImpl.setPassword(), we invoke
PasswordCredential.setPassword(xxx, false) from
TestSSOManager.testCredentials() and then requery the password later in
the test to see if it has changed.

This works fine with OBJ, but with JPA I get the same PasswordCredential
instance back on the requery because it is in an
'Extended'/'Conversational' transaction. As a result, the 'new password
set' transient tracking in PrincipalCredentialImpl is active and is as
if the user just set the password. This means that the
PasswordCredential.getPassword() returns the previous password value and
the test fails.

I am wondering if immediately after the PasswordCredential.setPassword()
call the SSOManagetImpl.setPassword() method should invoke
PasswordCredential.clearNewPasswordSet()? That seems like it might make
sense in this case since we're forcing a password change, no?

Randy