From Randy Watler <wat...@wispertel.net>
Subject Odd critera and API types in Security
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 17:24:03 GMT
Ate/Dennis,

As you know, I am trolling through Security porting it over to JPA. I
noticed a few minor things in the process that you might be interested
in looking at:

1. In JetspeedSecurityPersistenceManager revoke[All]Permission()
methods, the 'domainId' criteria appear to be incorrect. Should these
really be criteria on 'principal.domainId'?

2. In the security API JetspeedPermissionAccessManager, there are two
methods specified with concrete class argument types instead of API
interfaces: getPermissions(PersistentJetspeedPrincipal principal) and
getPrincipals(PersistentJetspeedPermission permission, ...). I have had
to change these to JetspeedPrincipal and JetspeedPermission,
respectively, so that I can implement a JPA version of the access
manager. Please let me know if we need to implement 'persistence'
capable interfaces or if this was just an oversight.

Thanks,

Randy