From David Sean Taylor <dtay...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: applicationRoot
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 02:15:44 GMT

On Nov 3, 2008, at 3:24 PM, Patel, Krunal B wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Pardon me if this question has been asked before: Can anyone point
> me to
> where it's (applicationRoot) value is set?

That one can be a bit confusing, look at the web.xml:

   <servlet>
     <servlet-name>jetspeed</servlet-name>
     <servlet-class>org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedServlet</
servlet-class>
     <init-param>
       <param-name>properties</param-name>
       <param-value>/WEB-INF/conf/jetspeed.properties</param-value>
     </init-param>
     <init-param>
       <param-name>applicationRoot</param-name>
       <param-value>webContext</param-value>
     </init-param>
     <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
   </servlet>

By default, we set the string to "webContext", instructing Jetspeed to
take the web application context name for example "/jetspeed"