From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Portlet Preferences
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 19:09:23 GMT

On Aug 31, 2008, at 12:39 AM, Harsh Kapoor wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We are developing a web portal over jetspeed.
>
> I am facing a problem while setting portlet preferences.
>
> Description : In our portal we will only have a Admin User and a
> anonymous User.
>
> So when i edit a portlet to set it preferences using a Admin User
> login , I dont find the same preferences while I am browsing the
> portal as Anonymous User.
>
> Can anyone suggest how can we achieve this.
>
> Also I tried PAM , to set the preference (From Admin USer Login) but
> I am facing the same problem.

You may want to try using Edit Defaults mode instead of Edit mode.
Edit Defaults mode is an optional portlet mode which allows for
preferences to be shared amongst all users. Normally only an
administrator can set the default preferences. Once a user overrides
the preferences by setting their own preferences in Edit mode, the
defaults will no longer be used.

Portlet developers should implement the edit_defaults portlet mode
functionality by
overriding the doDispatch method of the GenericPortlet class and
checking for
PortletMode("edit_defaults ").

In the deployment descriptor the support for the edit_defaults portlet
mode must be
declared using
<portlet-app>
<portlet>
<supports>
<portlet-mode> edit_defaults</portlet-mode>
</supports>
</portlet>
<custom-portlet-mode>
<name>edit_defaults</name>