From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Portal build problems
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 16:57:42 GMT

On Aug 6, 2008, at 8:13 AM, peeper wrote:

> I'm attempting a Jetspeed portal build (not from source) and have
> encountered an exception. I've included snipped maven build output,
> below, which shows the
> org.apache.maven.usability.MojoExecutionExceptionDiagnoser exception.
> I can't find any meaningful documentation about the exception on
> either Apache's Maven or Jetspeed sites. Anyone have any suggestions
> about
> what may be wrong
> or pointers to useful references?

Maven-2 can be a little difficult to figure out when something goes
wrong. Recommend reading the "book". I have a copy of the Maven-2
online book, a free download from Sonatype:
It used to be available here:

http://www.sonatype.com/book/

But I don't see it there now, weird.

> I'm following the Jetexpress tutorial portal documentation and have
> found a few other problems in the tutorial documentation. I'd be happy
> to assist with updating the documentation, but I'm unsure who to
> approach regarding this. Again, any suggestions would be welcome.

Please create a JIRA issue for any bugs you find in the tutorial

> $ mvn -e -P tomcat,min
> [INFO] An Ant BuildException has occured: The following error occurred
> while executing this line:
> /home/paul/src/jetspeed-training/jetexpress/etc/build.xml:300: The
> following error occurred while executing this line:
> /home/paul/src/jetspeed-training/jetexpress/etc/build.xml:305: The
> following error occurred while executing this line:
> /home/paul/src/jetspeed-training/jetexpress/etc/build.xml:505:
> java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.apache.maven.usability.MojoExecutionExceptionDiagnoser cannot be
> cast to org.apache.maven.usability.diagnostics.ErrorDiagnoser

Hmmm, that is cryptic.
Which version of Maven are you using? Try upgrading to the latest
version.