From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: Building from the trunk
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 00:51:10 GMT
Hi Brad,

First note: the current trunk is still very much under development and other (big) refactoring
steps are coming up in
the area of the security and preferences too (branch JS2-869) which are targetted to be merge/moved
to trunk when it is
stabilized.

But the current trunk *is* buildable and usable.
Current instructions on how to build and make use of the new maven-2 build environment are
temporarily available from my
apache home directory here:

   http://people.apache.org/~ate/jetspeed-2.2-maven-plugins/index.html

I send a message to this list a few weeks ago about the new build system and its current state
which you might want to
read also:

http://www.nabble.com/Unofficial-announcement%3A-new-trunk-Maven-2-build-solution-and-online-docs-available!-td18538448.html

With regards to the j2-admin application project: yes, you should build that from trunk and
install it in your local
repository.
Then, when you build the jetspeed-demo portal (see:
http://people.apache.org/~ate/jetspeed-2.2-maven-plugins/building-jetspeed.html) it will be
automatically deployed with
the portal.

HTH,