From "Brad Gardner" <bgardne...@gmail.com>
Subject Building from the trunk
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 17:26:44 GMT
I wanted to get a copy of the most current 2.2 development build up and
running, so I checked out the "portals/jetspeed-2/portal/trunk" project from
the apache repository.  I've been trying to figure out how to get it built
and deployed so I can see it run.

So far I've ran the command "mvn install" in the root of the project
directory and it was successful.  This appears to have built the API and a
snapshot war file that looks correct.  My question is, where do I go from
here?

Do I need to do a basic install of tomcat to deploy this in?
What about the j2-admin project, do I simply grab the latest version of this
from the trunk of its project, build and deploy it alongside the portal?
I see the subdirectory for an installer, but don't see a way to build it,
can that be done here?

Building this completely from source is new to me, as I've only done a
custom build using the installer.

Thanks in advance for any advice/direction.

--
Brad Gardner