From peeper <sip.sni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Portal build problems
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 21:06:54 GMT

David Sean Taylor wrote:

> Maven-2 can be a little difficult to figure out when something goes
> wrong. Recommend reading the "book". I have a copy of the Maven-2
> online book, a free download from Sonatype:
> It used to be available here:
>
> http://www.sonatype.com/book/
>
> But I don't see it there now, weird.

Thanks. The book is still there (
http://www.sonatype.com/book/pdf/maven-definitive-guide.pdf Maven Definitive
Guide ), but there appears to be problems with the page containing the book
links.

David Sean Taylor wrote:

> Please create a JIRA issue for any bugs you find in the tutorial

Will do, though I'd be interested to get involved with development and I'm
not shy of documentation :-)

David Sean Taylor wrote:

> Hmmm, that is cryptic.
> Which version of Maven are you using? Try upgrading to the latest
> version.

I have the latest version of maven available to me from the Ubuntu
repositories, which is 2.0.8. Looking at the change logs of the latest
release (2.0.9), none of the "bugs fixed" appear to be likely fixes for this
problem - but you never know!

Any further suggestions very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul.