From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Predefined configurations files for JetSpeed 2
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 16:12:58 GMT

On Mar 26, 2008, at 8:39 AM, Eric Cambray (BlueXML) wrote:

> Hello everybody.
>
> I'm working on a generator for portlet container like Jetspeed. I'm
> aiming at defining a portal preconfigured with pages and portlets...
> generated from a model. I'm currently listing the main portals
> focusing on their easy configurability.
> I looked at Jetspeed and saw that there are XML files to predefine a
> lot of things (portlets conforming to the JSR-168 standard, layout
> with PSML files (bit hard to understand it but it seem to be the
> goal)). But I didn't find any file to predefine users and groups
> (even if it possible to have security constraints). Is it possible
> with Jetspeed or do I have to do it in Java?

Users can be defined in XML and then imported into the portal using an
administrative import, or during a custom build
We don't seem to have any documentation on this process, but you can
find examples of the XML files here

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/jetspeed-2/portal/trunk/jetspeed-portal-resources/src/main/resources/seed/